What comes into your memory when the word mold is mentioned? Most probably a dirty or filthy place, but, thousands of homeowners as well as entrepreneurs spend thousands of dollars annually trying to get rid of mold. If not dealt with, it can be an eye sore and at the same time they can present a health hazard to humans, potentially causing allergic reactions, produce toxins and make humans sick if large enough quantities are ingested, or the human becomes exposed to extreme quantities of mold. It can also be causing fungal infection. Therefore, the moment you have recognized that you have a serious mold issue in your house or business premise, you need to start making plans on how to eradicate them. Whereas you can easily do this by calling an exterminator, you can save hundreds of dollars by killing the molds yourself. This is because most of the things you need to get rid of mold are easily found in the home. As such, if you are surfing for information on how to kill mold, you will find the information illustrated in this article quite an interesting read.
Discussed herein, are tips and guidelines on how to kill mold.
What you will require:
For this task, you will require to have the following in place:
- Scrubbing brush.
- Spray bottle.
- Bristle brush.
[cmamad id=”709″ align=”floatleft” mobid=”ad-off”]It is not every day that every homeowner keeps masks and goggles in the house. If there are items on this list which are not in your house, then you can purchase them from your local home improvement store or supermarket.
First and foremost, you need to establish whether the mold is just on the surface or are also hiding inside walls. This is because molds sometimes hide in locations that require expert services. As such, you need to buy a test gear and plan for expert mold removal where necessary. In an instance where you are not certain if there are black poisonous molds in locations you cannot easily reach, it’s highly recommended that you hire expert services to help you in getting rid of the molds.
However, if the molds are on the surface then you can get rid of them on your own. If the surface is dry, do not attempt to clear the molds as this enhances the chances scattering the spores. What you need to do is spray some water on the surface using the spray bottle so as to make the surface wet. The dampness will cause the molds to stay in place while cleaning.
Take the bucket and add to it five parts of bleach, one part of cleaning detergent plus twenty portions of hot water. However, if the material of the cloth you’ll be using to clean cannot endure strong bleach suspension, then you can add ten portions of water to the bucket instead of five.
Pour the solution on to the surface and thoroughly scrub using the bristle brush. Once you are thorough, use clean water to rinse the surface.
Ensure that there is proper air circulation in the room so as to make certain that they surface dries well and quickly.
DO NOT blend a cleaning detergent that is made up of ammonia with BLEACH.
Related Articles And Websites:
Mold Health Issues (From Wikipedia.Org)