Time is of critical importance when trying to get rid of coffee stain from your carpet. The longer the spill stays on your carpet, the harder it will be to eliminate it. As such, if you would not like to have a spot on your carpet that will constantly remind you of your delay, it’s critical that you clean the coffee spill immediately. Discussed herein, are tips and guidelines on how to remove coffee stains from carpet.
[cmamad id=”709″ align=”center” mobid=”675″]
What you will require
- You will need to have the following in place when trying to remove coffee stains from your carpet:
- Baking soda.
- White soft linen or white paper towel.
- Dish detergent. Make certain that it does not contain bleach. Alternatively, you can use mild soap.
- Spray bottle. This is optional.
- Shaving cream. Use white foam.
- Soft bristle brush.
Follow the instructions given below when trying to get rid of coffee stains from your carpet:
Before using a solution on the affected area, it’s highly recommended that you test it in an inconspicuous part of the rug. This is to ensure that the solution will not damage your carpet by interfering with the color or grain of the carpet.
If the coffee spill is still fresh, start by bloating the affected area using a white cotton wool or white soft linen. This is done so as to absorb much of the spill. To prevent other parts of the carpet from being affected by the spill, work from the edges of the coffee spill inwards.
Thereafter, using the spray bottle spray the area with water and then bloat it using the white soft linen or cotton wool. White cotton wool or linen is recommended given that multicolored linen can cause the die to get into the carpet.
Do this until much of the coffee spill has been eliminated. If you attend to the coffee spill promptly, you won’t have a stained spot to worry about.
Should you notice that there is coffee stain still left in the area, follow the steps below to remove it.
- Apply the dish detergent on the stain. Use the soft bristle brush to scrub the area. Do it gently so as to avoid interfering with the fibers. Do not press down on to the carpet so as to prevent the coffee stain from getting further into the carpet.
- Spray the area with water and use the white soft line to bloat. Do this a couple of times until the coffee stains have been no longer visible
Watch this video for other solution that you can try