The success of the Hot Transfer process will vary depending on the age of the stain, type of carpet, and what has previously been used to attempt to correct it.
- White Towel
- Alkaline spotter
- Small Bucket
- Carpet Shampoo
- Steam Iron(Most important)
Hot Transfer Procedure
- Extract out as much of the dye stain as possible. Apply the alkaline spotter evenly to the stain to wet out the fibers.
- Prepare a solution of CARPET SHAMPOO diluted to manufacturer’s specifications. Soak a white towel in the prepared solution, then wring it out lightly and place it over the stain
- Apply the steam iron (medium setting) to the towel for twenty to thirty seconds. During this step the dye will transfer to the white towel.
- Repeat on fresh portions of the towel until the stain is removed or no longer transfers the flush the area with water. Because the hot transfer method needs a lot of detergent, rinse the area with an exterior.
Caution: Be careful not to singe or melt the carpet Rotate the placement of the iron to prevent forming a pattern.
These are spots which you think have been completely
removed, but return either as the spotted areas
is drying or over a several week period.
- If the spot returns as it’s drying, it will be from capillary action of the fiber wicking the unremoved spot to the tips of the fiber during the drying process.
- When a spot returns over a period of time, the main cause is usually a substance that was not completely removed. This can either be from the spot(oil substances, soaps, softdrinks or syrups) or residue left from the wrong type of spotting fluid or one that was improperly mixed. It may also be that the area was not rinsed properly.
Repeat the steps for the removal of the spot as done previously. Sometimes treating of the backing, pad, or sub-floor is required to remove the spot. When all else fails, re-wet
the spot and place a dry white cotton towel over the wet area with enough weight on it to create good fiber contact overnight. This often will transfer the remaining stain from the carpet tips into the toweling.
Tip: After cleaning, make sure the carpet is properly rinsed. Otherwise, a residue will be left onto the carpet.