Having a clean carpet is more than just healthy. It can also prolong the life of the carpet. If you have just installed the carpet, you already realize the expense involved in doing so. But, even if you have not just done this, you probably realize the benefits of keeping your carpet clean. It will add value to the home if it is well maintained, helps to get rid of allergens, prevent other organisms such as carpet beetles and carpet bugs living in your carpet and it will also help to keep the home odor free.
How can we help?
Here at Carpet-Cleaning-Tips.com, has all the resources, tips, guides and solutions on ways how to clean and maintain your carpet either for immediate, interim or major restorative, we have it here. We pull our knowledge, from a group of experts and other contributors around the world to help others and make this website beneficial to everyone. Saves people’s time and money.
Check our quick list of carpet cleaning
- If you take good care of your carpet and keep it clean you will save money because you won’t have to purchase high priced cleaning products. Prevention is always the best type of carpet cleaning.
- A carpet stain should never be rubbed harshly or without care as this could the stain to set or spread. Additionally, it will cause the fiber to become weak, which will shorten the life of your carpet.
- A stain that is treated incorrectly could reappear on your rug. Even if you thought the stain was gone, it could come back to the surface of your carpet. To stop this from happening, use an absorbant cloth to cover the stain put something heavy on top of the cloth. Leave it overnight, and the cloth will soak up the stain. You can then clean it as usual.
- Using heat from an iron or a hair dryer is not advised to dry a carpet stain. The stain could set and become permanent.
- Steam cleaning your carpet as often as needed is beneficial. For best results, use a deep cleaning machine or have it professional cleaned. You can buy a deep cleaning machine online. Both of these choices have advantages and disadvantages, but you should have your carpet thoroughly cleaned every six months to a year at the least. In fact, any stain that has built up can be easily removed or loosen up. It is better to be done during spring and summer seasons as most carpet beetles and bugs come out and sneak in under your carpet. And the best part of all, you remove some allergens as well.
- If your carpet has stubborn mold and mildew, you could use a lemon juice and salt solution or a non-chlorine bleach meant for colored fabrics. Otherwise, simply brush the area gently with a solution of hydrogen peroxide (one part 3 percent hydrogen peroxide to five parts water). Do a spot on a hidden area to ensure the solution is safe for the carpet.
- To keep your carpet clean, take care of spills immediately. For most spills, just use water. There are also several products on the market if water does not work. Look at the variety of products available and use the correct one depending on what has been spilled. A mixture of water and vinegar can also be helpful. Spills will not become stains if you deal with them quickly. Some helpful tips for removing common obstinate spills and stains
- Take good care of your carpet in between cleaning. Vacuum frequently with a good quality vacuum cleaner. The vacuum will pick up the most debris if you go over the floor in many different directions. Follow the manufacturer’s directions, keep the filters clean and empty bags frequently. Always use the mildest cleaning solutions available for your carpet. Only use stronger solutions for very stubborn stains and specific spills.
- When dealing with chemical products, it is always best to follow the manufacturer’s directions on the label or read the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) before putting or using them in your carpet.
- Our #1 tip and one of the most excellent and effective ways to prevent soils from being tracked in is by using or placing an entrance Mat. The mat should be 6 to 12 feet in length or ideally, 10 to 12 feet in length. Mats should also be place outside the entrance. In this way the majority of the dirt will be removed at the entrance. Entrance mats must be cleaned frequently otherwise the soil will spill onto the floor. There is no way to prevent all soil from entering the building. Approximately 20% of soil comprises oil, grease and starch but about 80% are dry. You can easy remove the dry particles and keep damage to a minimum by vacuuming on a daily basis.
Did you find what you are looking for?
If for some reasons you cannot find the information you are looking for, you may visit this other resources such as wikipedia.org related to Carpet Cleaning informational needs or contact us for your suggestions how we can improve this website.
In the future:
We will also be adding more features, more sections, links to relevant websites, downloadable ebooks for free (of course), online shopping (this will be awesome), discussion forum as well as other interesting information about carpets, upholstery and cleaning in general. So come back here often.